Retrieve the following items:
- Homemade playdough
- Red paint
- Topping (i.e. leaves, buttons, pompoms, etc.)
Have the child:
- Roll the playdough into a ball (encourage the child to use both hands when rolling the dough to work on bilateral coordination).
- Flat the ball to create the base of the pizza.
- Smear the red paint (i.e. “pizza sauce”) with a spoon or with their finger.
- Tear up tiny dough pieces to create the cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheese and toppings on the pizza.
- Garnish with leaves.
Enjoy playing with this pretend pizza!
Tip: After you are finished playing with the pretend pizza, fold it in half and use the fork to press down the edges to make a pretend empanada!