In this activity, we create a marble maze to promote fine motor skills.
Start by gluing the straws on the cardboard. You will need to glue each straw on the opposite side as follows:
- Glue the 1st straw aligned to the left edge of the cardboard
- Glue next straw aligned to the right side of the cardboard
- Keep gluing straws all the way to the bottom of the cardboard
- Make sure to create a space for the marble to go through between the straws
- The end result should look like this:
Let the glue dry.
We used a gallon size zip lock bag but you can use a smaller zip lock bag to create a smaller maze.
At the bottom edge of the zip lock bag, cut a small slit. Make sure you cut it on the side the marble will come out from.
Once the glue is dry and the straws are secured, insert the cardboard into the ziplock bag.
Close the ziplock bag almost all the way, leaving a small opening for the marble to fit in.
Put the marble through the opening and start moving it with your finger through the maze until it comes out at the bottom.
You can alternate the fingers you use to move the marble or you can use both hands to hold the cardboard and move it from side to side, letting the marble slide out.